Saturday, November 26, 2016

Digging Finds

I've started the process of identifying my shards and bottles from my most recent dig.
Here's what I've found so far!

Stoneware Shard

This shard belongs to a crock or jug like these two I found online


California Fig Syrup Bottle Shard

This shard belonged to a bottle like this one


Here are some old ads for California Fig Syrup that I found online




Higgins Ink Bottle, 3/4 oz size


The original bottle looked something like this


Tournades Kitchen Bouquet Bottle


The original bottle packaging would look somewhat like this. I couldn't find any bottles with original labeling, just a package.

Here is an advertisement for the bottle and a nice crate I found



Amazing find-Heinz Tomato Ketchup Bottle with original labelling!
There is a certain spot in my dump that produces bottles with original labelling, still intact! Here is one of them, a generic Heinz bottle. It's kind of hard to see, but if you look close enough you can make it out!

An original Heinz Tomato Ketchup bottle like this one would like like this


Here's another labelled bottle, some sort of sauce, probably a chili sauce bottle based on the shape of the bottle and the "C" on the label.


Chili Sauce bottles were usually shaped somewhat like this



Nice Milk Glass Cold Cream Jar


Tiny Milk Glass Cold Cream Jar!


Green Hazel Atlas Depression Glass Berry Bowl Shard
The Hazel Atlas mark was visible on the bottom, making identification easier for me

The original bowl would have looked somewhat like this


Egg Cup Shard

I believe this is either the bottom or the top to a double egg cup, like this one

This particular egg is cup is plain. Egg cups came in different patterns and sizes, like these



Milk Glass Pitcher Shard

The original would have looked somewhat like this, but without the band. I could not find  a matching picture without the band


Royal Ironstone China Chamberpot Shard

The original would have looked like this



More Shards and Relics
I found some interesting and beautiful shards. The ones pictured below have not been identified yet, but they were too pretty not to post!




Thanks for reading!





No comments:

Post a Comment