Sunday, March 5, 2017

Estate Sale Find 3/4/17

I went to this estate sale expecting a lot more glass, but to my disappointment there was none left. However, I circled through the house one more time and discovered some etched elegant Depression era glass. I had no idea what the pattern was, but I could tell right away that it was from the late 20s-late 30s. I got it for a great price of 2 dollars!
Here is the piece.


I did some research and I found out that this piece is a cheese and cracker plate.


The pattern is called "Trojan" and was produced by Fostoria Glass Company from 1929-1944.
Trojan was produced in Topaz Yellow (1929-1938), Gold Tint Yellow (1938-1944), and Rose Pink (1928-1935). Yellow is more popular than pink due to the wide range of fancy pieces available. Below are some other pieces of Trojan by Fostoria.


 Fostoria Glass Company of Ohio was founded in 1887. Colored tableware was introduced in 1924. Fostoria Glass served the American table until 1986.


 The etchings were designed by a man by the name of Edgar Bottome. He originally worked for Lenox Glass, but left to work for Fostoria in 1897 as an artist/decorator. He was considered the first of many Fostoria pattern designers.

Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment